My birthday and Mother’s Day in the same week meant lots of celebrating!
Things to remember:
- The sun finally made an appearance this week!
- Zooey’s dance photos
- Dimitri <3. He made sure that I had a great week!
- The patio is starting to come together for the season! Lots of time out here this week!
- My birthday monsters
- Birthday lunch with good friends!
- Birthday date night with my favorite husband
- A silly video after a long work day
- Dimitri and I had a skip day. We went to the garden store, to get pedicures out to lunch, saw a movie, and then relaxed on the patio
- Mother’s Day Flowers delivered to me from him
- An intense game of chutes and ladders with Miss Z
- Birthday celebration at my parents
- Cuddles by the fire
- Passed out 100 bicycle helmets and the kid’s safety and health fair on Saturday morning
- Saturday flag football for Owen
- Saturday soccer for Zooey
- A new hat from D (of course)
- Out celebrating on Saturday night
- Mother’s Day
- Shopping for flowers to plant with Zooey
- Dinner on the patio
- Crazy Mimi Dog
- Dance party
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, All Three of Them, Birthday, Dimitri, Ethan, everyday life, Family, Friends, From my phone, Grandparents, Michelle, My Kids, Spring, Us, Videos
Not too many photos or videos from the week! I’ve been busy!!
But here is what I do have:
- I put my hair up on Monday morning, and while fixing Zooey’s hair, she told me that she wanted her hair to be up likes mine.
- Mimi on a car ride looking a little freaked out
- Zooey making a video in the car on the way to dance class
- Ethan being silly at bed time
- Zooey and her bag of random toys and papers
- The Moms and I at the Women’s Power Lunch to see Delilah
- Ethan’s Great American presentation…he was Johnny Appleseed
- More Zooey stories recorded
- Hanging out with Owen at bed time and doing a feet dance
- Good Friday service at church (Greek Orthodox)
- Upside down Mimi
- Me on a rainy Saturday day at work. The kid’s sports cancelled because of the rain. I have a project that I am working on and baskets that need to be unpacked because I moved into a new office.
- Zooey giving me funny eyebrows while I was trying to watch a movie
- Us in our white hats. We decided to lay low on Sunday (Orthodox Easter) and took the kids to a movie
- Ethan with a Hello Kitty Easter Basket on his head – because, why not?
- The comedy show of Ethan and Owen – every night at dinner.
Have a great week!
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, church, Dimitri, Ethan, everyday life, From my phone, Michelle, My Big Fat Greek ______, My Kids, Oh Brother, Pets, Pictures, Spring, Together Forever, Us, Videos
Things to remember from this week:
- There is not a day without video games in this house
- Going to the Chamber’s Executive Dinner with Dimitri
- Mimi the wonder dog provides hours of entertainment
- The daily stuff – like combing threw Zooey’s hair after her shower
- Zooey lost her first tooth!
- Always silly boys
- Creeper in the back seat
- Politicians sitting at the next table
- Happy Hour with a purple drink for Prince
- Out to dinner with Dimitri and taking funny selfies – always!
- Squid in the back seat
- Family adventure to hotel water park
- Sharing the hotel with Barber shop quartets and a reptile expo!
Have a great week!
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, All Three of Them, Around the House, Dimitri, Ethan, everyday life, Family, Far Away, Friends, From my phone, Michelle, My Kids, Oh Brother, Pets, Spring, Together Forever, Us, Videos
It was a busy week! Here are a few things to remember:
- a sleeping puppy is like a sleeping baby, so cute – but don’t wake them.
- Zooey grew a beard
- Me and Him
- On my way to Washington DC
- Sites around DC
- Ethan not feeling so great
- Zooey dance photos
- Silly kids at dinner
- Daddy’s girl
- Ethan dressed up as Johnny Appleseed
- Owen’s poetry reading and award!
- Blues Traveler at the Hard Rock
- Owen’s first flag football game of the season
- Zooey’s first soccer game of the season
- Circus fun
- Evening fire & fireside girls
- Mimi the trouble maker
- Boys in squid hats
- Sunday funday
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, Around Town, Dimitri, everyday life, Family, Far Away, Friends, From my phone, Michelle, My Kids, Oh Brother, Pictures, Spring, Together Forever, Us, Videos
Oh You Tube – you are killing me with where you decide to freeze frame the video! The last two videos I have been making the most horrible faces!
Here are things to remember from this week to go along with the photos and video:
- Zooey have you been eating chocolate???
- loving Mimi
- After dinner bike ride/dog walking with melting snow!
- Morning shenanigans
- The first day back to school after spring break was exhausting to the boys. They were showered and ready for bed at 6 pm!
- Wrist braces at Book Club???!!! It had to do with basketball, ISU, a strip club, someone falling off the stage, best book of all time and a taco truck. Maybe it’s better not to ask.
- I have a serious hoodie obsession. Especially after a long day on the road. I compared it to Mr. Rogers and his cardigans.
- Zooey doing tricks in the living room.
- Mimi and I hiding from the kids
- Zooey had kindergarten roundup this week!
- And then we stopped at the dance studio to get her signed up to fall dance classes, where her and a friend read up on dance techniques.
- Date night! We had dinner out and then saw the movie 10 Cloverfield Lane
- Owen and I being silly in the kitchen
- Other latest obsession – baseball hat and big hoop earrings
- Pool noodle battle in the front yard
- Always Mimi videos
- Dinner out with the family…Chinese food!
- Zooey and her night-night (blankie)
- Zooey and her American girl doll
- On our way to Church
- They surprised me with a cake at church!
- Cruising in the car with the windows down and Mimi in the back.
- A visit to the dog park and playground
- blue sky and 80 degrees!
- Happy hour on the patio and burgers on the grill!
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, All Three of Them, Around Town, church, Dimitri, Ethan, everyday life, Family, Friends, From my phone, Michelle, My Kids, Oh Brother, Pets, Pictures, Spring, Together Forever, Us, Videos
Things to note:
- Sign of a good weekend – Owen asleep in the backseat on the way home from KC
- Silly dancing in the kitchen
- Loving my adult coloring book!
- My tiny dancer – every week!
- Ally the turtle out for a walk
- Daylight savings means after dinner walks with Mimi Dog
- Kids who sound like turkeys
- Actual turkeys
- My lucky charms!
- Out for St. Patricks Day and celebrating!
- Dimitri’s guy weekend at a cabin
- crazy Mimi Dog
- Exhausted me.
- Dimitri found a cat that looked like Emma, but didn’t come home with him.
- March Madness
- living room forts
- Brothers on a Saturday night
- Sleeping Beauty
- Silly laughs
- Puppy Love
- Scary Owen laugh
The kids are ready to start their spring break and it’s snowing!
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, Around Town, Dimitri, Ethan, everyday life, Family, From my phone, My Kids, Oh Brother, Pictures, Spring, Together Forever, Videos
Always busy around here… tis the season of our life right now. But this week I think we did a good job with the happy too. Here is a look at what we were up to.
Things to remember:
- Sunday dinner with friends
- New blue sandals for Miss Z and her wanting to wear them to dance class and for me to take a photo of them in the parking lot.
- I need a Starbucks intervention
- Week night dinners with the family including a spontaneous family selfie
- My Greek Husband in his St. Patrick’s day shirt!
- Me, exhausted after a day of traveling, hiding in my hoodie
- Owen watching his tablet in his bed (probably you tube videos)
- Ethan lost 2 teeth this week!
- Stealing moments in the kitchen when we are supposed to be doing dishes
- Yia Yia bringing Mimi bones with Miss Z bouncing on the couch in the background
- A family road trip adventure to Kansas City
- Funny kids in the backseat
- Hanging out with family including CJ the dog
- Going to the Crown Center and lunch at the Crayola Cafe with one of my best friends (+ family) who happened to be in town as well.
- Finally getting my hands on the cutest baby!
- Going to Sea Life and Lego Land in one day!
Happy Sunday! I hope you have a great week!
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, All Three of Them, Dimitri, Ethan, everyday life, Friends, From my phone, Grandparents, Michelle, My Kids, Spring, Together Forever, Us, Videos
A little video of what we’ve been up to the last couple of weeks! This might be my go-to way of documenting for 2016.
Things to remember:
- Dimitri taking the kids to see box turtles at the nature center
- Celebrating my Dad’s Birthday
- Mimi in the bed – she won’t get out!
- Finished reading: Choose Joy and A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
- On the road for work a lot these days
- Silly kids, always
- Zooey heartbroken when her brother wouldn’t share his clay with her.
- A fun little journal that Dimitri and I are doing together
- Fuller House! We watched all the episodes starting Friday night and finished Saturday morning.
- The days are getting longer and warmer and the sunsets are amazing. So ready for spring!
- Mimi loves Dimitri
- Finding funny things around the house by Miss Z. Including her play puppy Go-Go dressed up into something I can’t even explain.
- Wearing my shamrock shirt more times than I can count. It makes me happy.
- Watching the big snow pile in front of our house melt each day.
- Game night (for adults)! Exploding Kittens was a big hit. And always Cards Against Humanity. Dimitri walked away as the big winner for the night.
- Lazy Sundays are the best
- Zooey practicing spelling her last name in noodles during dinner
- LEAP DAY ice cream
- Zooey all dance all the time.
- Iowa State basketball…let the March Madness begin.
- Haircuts for the boys
- Working on Us
- Giving the turtle a bath
- Dog on the kitchen table!! WHAT??!!!!
- Food, wine and friends – always a good way to spend a Friday
- Kids at the park! “I’m the Queen of the World!!”
- A night out with the parents which included margaritas and camo hats.
- Two movies watched… The Intern and Brooklyn. Both of them get 2 thumbs up from me.
- The Irish-Greek princess out on her bike and playing with Mimi in the yard
Have a great week!
Posted in All about Owen, All About Zooey, All Three of Them, Around Town, Dimitri, Ethan, Family, From my phone, Grandparents, me and my sister, Michelle, My Kids, Oh Brother, Pets, Pictures, Spring, Together Forever, Us, Videos